Sunday, January 18, 2015

EDM 310 Practice Blog

Blog Post Assignment 1

I. Me
      A. My name is Victoria Johnson. I am in my 4th year at the university of South Alabama as a K-6 Education major.
      B. I have been working at Tillman's Corner Veterinary Hospital for almost a year now as a veterinary assistant.
     

II. Why I Want to Be an Educator
     A. I have always wanted to be a teacher
          1.  Growing up, instead of playing "princess", I played teacher.

III. What An Educator Does
      A. An educator molds the minds of children and helps shape a new generation.
          1. I feel like that is the most important job in the world because it helps build a foundation for a               better world when we are gone.

IV. My Passions
      A. My passions include music, live theatre, and sign language. I hope to incorporate them in my methods of teaching.







                     My name is Victoria Johnson, and I want to be a teacher, I am in my fourth year at the University of South Alabama. When I am not at school, I am a veterinary assistant at Tillman's Corner Veterinary Hospital. I love my job very much, but I have always felt a pull to teaching. When most little girls were playing "princess", I was playing teacher. I have always felt like being a teacher was the greatest thing you could do. As a teacher, the person is molding the future, teaching children what it means to change the world for the better and giving them the skills to do so. And I just thought: "How could someone not want to do that?"
                      I have a lot of passions in my life. I love playing the piano and singing in the concert choir at South Alabama. I also have been doing community theatre around Mobile for three years, and I enjoy every second. The most important of my passions, at least when it comes to my field, is American Sign Language. I have been studying ASL for two years, and plan to continue with my education with this beautiful language. I want to teach deaf children, or maybe be an interpreter for a student who is in a mainstream school. In order to show you all of my passions at once, here is a video from a performance on Saturday Night Live. The performer Sia sings one of my favorite songs while a mime is interpreting the song through American Sign Language.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/739051

No comments:

Post a Comment