Sunday, January 18, 2015

EDM 310 Blog Post Assignment 1

              When I registered for this class, my adviser let me know that the course was "easy, but it's very time-consuming." I then heard from other students, asking if they had taken the class yet. Their eyes would widen, almost like an involuntary psychological response. "Oh," they would say, "I hated that class. It was so much work." They would tell me about the all-nighters they would pull on several different occasions, the endless cups of coffee that they drink just to keep their eyes open long enough to write fifty more words and hit the "Publish" button. This made me very apprehensive about taking this class, though knowing it was inevitable for my major.
                Now that I have read the syllabus and have an understanding of what is to be expected of me, I know that my biggest problem will be with deadlines. I have always been a procrastinator. I even waited to last minute to be born twenty-two years ago. In order to fix or at least keep this issue at bay, I will have to set up a calendar for myself, making sure I set my personal deadline earlier than the deadline on the syllabus. If I make myself work early, I will keep the impulse of waiting at bay. If I do this, I will do just fine.

1 comment:

  1. Victoria, I got the same reaction from former students when I asked about this class also. I was very nerve racking. I put off taking this class because I knew it was going to be very time-consuming. I am a procrastinator also so that is what I am going to have to get use to also.

    ReplyDelete