Sunday, February 1, 2015

Blog Assignment 3

                         I watched a few tutorials and a very humorous video on how to properly edit a peer's work. I learned that when you are peer editing, you have to remember that it is not a way to insult someone's work. When editing you must understand the difference between constructive criticism and just plain criticism. Editing can also be a way to make suggestions to your peers to improve their post, whether it be relating to the content or to the mechanical aspect of the material.
                         In the video "Writing Peer Review Top 10  Mistakes", there are many different ways you should not peer edit. You can be to picky, rush through, go off topic, and many other ways. When watching this video, I noticed that at one time or another I was one of the people they were naming. like a "Picky Patty" or an "Off-Topic Oliver". Now that I have met the ten people who you should never be when peer editing, I'll look at each blog post and think to myself: I will just be Victoria. And Victoria will compliment, suggest, and politely correct.


Tutorial Peer Editing

Writing Peer Review: Top 10 Mistakes

3 comments:

  1. I think the video and tutorials were very helpful in describing ways to properly peer edit. I also think they would be great resources to use as a future educator! I really liked your last two sentences in the second paragraph because it is important to be yourself when editing someone else's posts and not go to extremes. The only thing I have to suggest for this post is to try adding a picture. It adds a little more personality to the post and attracts attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to include links, picture(s), and alt/title modifiers with each post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with MacKenzie :) those are required in all blog posts.

    ReplyDelete